WHAT IS THE BEST STYLE CORSET FOR ME?
[READ ONLY PAGE. Updated 4/9/15]
1. Q. What is the best corset style for me?
A. That depends upon your answers to
seven primary questions:
* First, what is the main purpose or purposes for
which you wish to wear and use your corset?
* Second, which of the basic CORSET
STYLES, FIGURE SILHOUETTES, and CLOTHING PERSONALITIES do
you prefer (see below)?
* Third, how do you describe your lifestyle,
opportunities for and intentions regarding how and when
you will wear your corset?
* Fourth, what is the approximate amount or range of
prices you wish for this quality garment?
* Fifth, do you wish an overbust or an underbust
* Sixth, what do you envision for this corset:
color, fabric, and embellishments?
* Seventh, do you have a special delivery date?
(Normal production time typically requires from two to
three months, however you
may always request a specific date and we will inform you
of any applicable rush fee.)
BASIC CORSET STYLES:
1. The Victorian
2. The Valentine Victorian
3. The Civil War Push-Up Victorian
4. The Transitional
5. The Edwardian
6. The Stem
7. The Hybrid
BASIC FIGURE SILHOUETTES:
1. The hourglass (the most popular and torso conforming)
2. The wasp (most comfortable, since breathing is restricted
3. The ice cream cone (also called "the V shape" or the
"straight rib" shape, which is the most demanding to wear
since ribs are gently compressed)
4. The U shape (best for shorter
cincher corsets, rather than for long line corsets which
might press down on the anterior femoral nerve and
encourage leg numbness)
5. The stem (the most demanding style suitable for advanced corset
wearers since it presses up on the floating ribs
and down on the pelvic bone and takes much longer to become
5. Ingenue, or
ADDITIONAL HELPFUL CONSIDERATIONS:
* Will you wear the corset under or over clothing,
or both? (Some ROMANTASY corsetieres make a more comfortable
style corset, some make a sturdier corset.)
* Do you have a specific waist reduction goal in
mind, and do you desire temporary or permanent waist
reduction? (Permanent waist reduction requires almost daily
wear and an underbust Victorian or Edwardian style corset.)
* What kind of "look" or image do you
wish to achieve: fashion,fetish,demure, or alluring? (This
will influence your choice of fabric and embellishments.)
* What figure issue do you wish to address or improve?
(This will influence the upper and lower shape of your corset.)
* Do you wish to enhance curves, minimize the
bustline, straighten or reduce the rib cage, or smooth
the hip line? (This will influence your choice of style and
* Do you need to disguise the corset underneath
street clothing? This will influence your choice of style and
* Is this a garment for a one-night social event,
sensual affair, or stage performance, or do you plan to
enjoy it for many years to come on multiple occasions?
(This will influence your price point, fabrics, style, and
* Is this an elegant bridal corset that will become
an heirloom for your children? (This will influence your
price point and corsetiere.)
* Do you wish to attract attention, or more
readily blend into public? (This will influence the design.)
* Do you prefer and enjoy comfort, or a
more restricted feeling in clothing? (This will influence
your corsetiere, boning/busks, and fabric.)
* Do you have any limitations in physical mobility
or dexterity, or do you have scoliosis? (This may influence
measurement and front vs. back lacing.)
* Are you a genetic male or female (This will
influence measurements and other.)?
* Do you generally enjoy good health? (This may
influence how tightly you can lace and how long you
can wear your corset, or whether you can waist-train.)
Remember that color, fabric and embellishments create a
certain mood and image that may or may not fit your
corset dreams, or the occasion for which you are
ordering it. If you don't wish to attract attention,
don't chose a sexy bright red satin and black
lace-covered corset to wear as outerwear! You might
wish to shy away from a leather corset with D-rings
and studs if you attend the opera.
We encourage you to select a corset to which your vivid
imagination attracts you, and not just a practical one,
as you will be drawn to wear and enjoy the prior corset
far more than the more boring latter style. Once we know
the answers to these questions, we can guide you to the
corset style most suitable for your individual needs, and
the wisest investment for you to make in a comfortable,
durable figure-shaping garment.
What is the Best Corset Style for Me?
Quantity in Basket: none
Code: What is the Best Corset Style for Me?
Shipping Weight: 0.00 pounds
Copyright © 1998 - 2016 ROMANTASY all rights reserved, worldwide. US Service mark No. 1768966 registered 11-1-1989 and renewed. Webmistresses Ann and Raven.